One of the most challenging tasks of leadership, and life, is perspective. Ralph Waldo Emerson said it best: The years teach much which the days never know.
I spend much of my time with pastors and leaders from around the world. The surface questions vary, but the underlying ones are similar: “Where is God in all these difficulties? Why is leading so painful and slow? How do I make it long-term?”
In this podcast I attempt to give a long view of leadership around God’s process of making us “great” leaders. (“Greatness” refers to remaining faithful to become the person God has called you to become, and do what He has called you to do.)
- Illusions we must unlearn;
- The most significant book that helped me stay the course in my most difficult years;
- Great counsel given to me that has stood the test of time;
- Practical tips for young leaders in their 20’s and 30’s;
- Encouragement and perspective for us in our 40’s, 50’s, 60’s and beyond.
Listen at the button below. Enjoy!