I wrote The Emotionally Healthy Leader with one primary goal in mind – to profoundly transform the leadership culture in our churches. Why? Long-term, sustainable, and effective mission in the world requires a deep spirituality which informs the way we: build cultures and teams, engage in planning and decision making, handle power and boundaries, and do endings/new beginnings.
For this to take place, our leadership teams need time to talk about the core concepts from The Emotionally Healthy Leader for our specific leadership contexts.
Towards that end I wrote a free EH Leader Study and Discussion Guide and now have recorded 3-8 minute video introductions on each of the chapters as you launch into the discussion of the book. (These have been immensely helpful for us in our New Life Staff Team discussions).
The Inner Life
- Chapter 2: Face Your Shadow
- Chapter 3: Lead of Your Marriage of Singleness
- Chapter 4: Slow Down for Loving Union
- Chapter 5: Practice Sabbath Delight
The Outer Life
- Chapter 6: Planning and Decision Making
- Chapter 7: Culture and Team Building
- Chapter 8: Power and Wise Boundaries
- Chapter 9: Endings and New Beginnings
We have also recorded longer, 10-12 minute podcasts on each of these themes. All these resources can be downloaded free on our website page entitled EH Leader Resources.
May God use these tools to serve your team to be infused with the power of God so they, in turn, deeply change the world.
PS Let me know your thoughts and comments on Twitter @petescazzero.