This brief assessment was developed in our certification of EHS consultants as they begin to work with churches. Take a few minutes to fill it out by yourself or with your leadership.
On scale of 5 (to a very great extent) to 1 (not at all), how would you rate your church on the following:
- Those around me would say we are not hurried or rushed. 1 2 3 4 5
- We don’t avoid having difficult conversations. 1 2 3 4 5
- We are rarely accused, as leaders, of “trying to do it all” and biting off more than we could chew. 1 2 3 4 5
- We know when to carry someone else’s burden and when to let it go so they can carry it themselves. 1 2 3 4 5
- We take time to grieve our losses and explore how God is seeking to work in us through them. 1 2 3 4 5
On scale of 5 (to a very great extent) to 1 (not at all), how would you rate yourselfon the following:
- I am experiencing a great level of joy in serving Christ in leadership. 1 2 3 4 5
- I take time for myself to recharge and abide in Christ. 1 2 3 4 5
- I regularly take a 24-hour period each week for Sabbath-keeping – to stop, rest, delight and contemplate God. 1 2 3 4 5
- I don’t need approval from others to feel good about myself. 1 2 3 4 5
- As I am growing in a greater love for Christ, I see my ability to love others well is also growing. 1 2 3 4 5
As a result of this, what might be some next steps for you and your church?