We measure our attendance and our giving in our churches. Sadly, we don’t measure people’s transformation in Christ. (This is much more difficult).
Genuine transformation takes place when people:
- Intentionally develop their own relationship with Jesus and do not live off the spirituality of others.
- Seek to discern and follow God’s will in all areas of life.
- Cultivate a deliberate rhythm and sustainable pace of life that enables them to be consistently attentive to Jesus.
- Grow in their ability to love well, evidenced by humility, vulnerability, approachability, and an increasing capacity to forgive.
- Live in community for the sake of their own formation and others.
- Bear witness to Jesus Christ in their workplaces and homes out of their own on-going transformation.
- Serve and give to others out of the overflow of their life in Christ.
This is my short list. What other markers might you add?