The journey into a profound spirituality for me began when I said, “I quit.” Take the following assessment below and see if you need to quit:
- You need the approval of others to feel good about yourself.
- You are angry, sad, or disappointed and feel guilty about it – or don’t want to admit it.
- You believe you don’t have choices.
- You do for others what they can and should do for themselves.
- You are so focused on others that you rarely consider your own hopes and dreams.
- You say “yes” when you would rather say “no”.
- You have difficulty speaking up when you disagree or prefer something different.
- You’re becoming a less loving person instead of a more, loving person.
- You are resentful and tired because you regularly “try to do it all.”
- You are afraid to admit your weaknesses and flaws.
If two or three apply to you, you may need to start quitting. If four to six apply, you have a lot to quit; if you scored seven or above, your true self may be “buried alive.” How did you do? In upcoming blogs I will unpack the things you need to quit.