My good friend, Lance Witt, has written Ten Commandments for our use of technology that are well-worth disseminating to your team. He expounds on them in chapter 40 of his book, Replenish:Leading from a Healthy Soul.
1. Thou shalt not use e-mail to deliver bad news.
2. Thou shalt not put anything in e-mail that you mind being forwarded…because it probably will.
3. Thou shalt not e-mail (or chat on-line) during meetings.
4. Thou shalt not use “bcc.”
5. Thou shalt be more personal than professional.
6. Thou shalt keep e-mails short and to the point.
7. Thou shalt not text or take calls while in conversation or in a meeting.
8.Thou shalt not call or e-mail people on their day off.
9. Thou shalt use e-mail for prayer and encouragement.
10. Thou shalt give phone/e-mail/Facebook/Twitter (etc.) a Sabbath.
What might you add to this list?…read more